TopoPoints node from DynaMaps package in not working properly

Hi everyone,
I have been trying to create a topography from TopoPoints node of Package Dyna Maps but everytime I provide a new location, I am always getting flat topographies. There are x and y-coordinates but z-coordinates are always constant. It has a certain value but it is contant for every points in the topography. Has anyone else noticed the same problem recently with this particulat node “TopoPoints” under live section.

1 Like

Are you sampling a relatively ‘flat’ area?

Hi Jacob, thanks for your response.
Nope. I have tried for multiple locations many times. Areas that I am sure of that they are not flat. Also for same locations that I have already previously created correct topographies with DynaMaps. I am attaching few of these examples. No matter what address I give, I always get flat topography so I am guessing that there is some problem with the node. Somehow, it is not returning the correct z-coordinates.

The ‘11’ among the 9’s makes me think it is being brought in as reported, but I will try to give this a look later today.

Yeah. Sometimes it also returns some different number but overall the topography is flat. Since I have created these topographies which were correct with different z-values before so I am sure that these z-coordinates are not supposed to be this flat. I also confirmed now with some other colleagues and they are also facing the same issue.

FYI @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the responses so far. Have checked again today to create a Topography from TopoPoints node of DynaMaps. The problem remains the same resulting in creation of flat topography. Just curious to know if other DynaMaps users are also facing the same issue or could it be a location based issue (e.g. Topo point data not available for European region)? :slightly_smiling_face:

I am having the same issue, Flat topography in Brazil and on other places searched too.
I’ve tryed on Revit 2022 but with no sucess. In Revit 2021 I could create the buildings and the roads, but the road on the surface return a error.

1 Like

Thanks for your response @brenoburrego. I have recently written a message to @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi to get his attention on this issue. Hopefully, it is resolved soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

hello everyone I have the same problem as you @prateek.pandey5RYBQ for a long time so I no longer use Dynamaps I hope we will have an answer very soon

1 Like

I hope too that it resolves soon. It is a pity that such a wonderful and user friendly Dynamaps package does not function now properly. I haven’t received any solution oriented response on this matter so far. And now we have to do workarounds to get the topographies which is really time consuming and not at all efficient workflow. I have also now limited use of DynaMaps. Can we also discuss in this thread what could be now (given the situation of no response) best alternative to create Topographies in Revit using Dynamo with Open Street Data?