Topics for workshop

Hi all

I am doing a small Dynamo workshop and I am looking for new topics for beginners. Anyone that have some good suggestions that shows the potential of Dynamo.

Previously I have had assignments like moving data from one parameter to another, importing-exporting data between Excel and Dynamo/Revit, creating points on a surface and place a adaptive component family.

Thanks,
Daniel

Hi @daniel_nielsen

One suggestion would be to create new sheets from an excel file.
If you can set all sheet parameters and create 500 error free sheets in 5 minutes which would take about one week the old way (manualy), well, that did it here.

Marcel

“Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can eat every day”

Nuggets of wisdom aside, I would recommend focusing on the core principles so they understand what it is they’re doing and why they’re doing it. It might not be that interesting to start off with but it will at least sieve out those who have the desire to learn vs those who don’t and give them foundation skills to progress onto the more complex stuff:

1. Lists (1d, 2d, 3d and jagged)
  2. Data Types
  3. Inputs/Outputs
  4. Lacing
  5. @level
  6. Action, query and create nodes
  7. Operators
  8. Boolean logic
  9. Domains
  10. Parameter space
  11. Cartesian space
  12. Vector calculus

I find practical examples that explore these concepts the most effective so you could just incorporate them into your proposed programme

2 Likes