Ticked/Checked parameters problems while importing data from Excel to Revit schedule

Hey !! I am actually trying to import Excel data (Actually schedule data ) into Revit schedule. Its working but the Schedule has some parameter which are not of Text type but box check type. So when i import the data from Excel to Revit schedule, its ok but these parameters with box tick type are not ok . Instead they light grey blocked as shown in picture. How can i make them work . The 2nd pic is from Revit Schedule and 3rd one is from Excel.

PS: “Ja” and “Nein” are yes and no in German as im using Revit in German. When i export Revit Schedule to Excel , these box check parameters come with “Ja” and “Nein” as checked or not.

Hallo,

Deine Parameter sind nicht aktiv geschalten! sie sind grau. Klick sie einmal an.
Danach kannst du sie aktivieren oder deaktiven.

MFG

Andreas

Check out your Parameters, the booleans are not activ!

2022-03-17_13h54_57

1 Like

But i dont wanna check it out manually and fill it from Excel. After Excel import, it look like these light grey and if i manually do it makes no sense

Yes/No does not work as string

can you set it to 1/0 and import it?

1 Like

1/0 is also not working.

i did it with a .csv file. With Excel i have still trouble
kick the headers! an catch the booleans!
2022-03-17_14h32_19

1 Like

ahh Great. But i need to do it via Excel and thats where i am stuck.

in our office we have IT-issue Excel/dynamo… so i do all in .csv
file format is more stable
you can also save as .csv and set the “,”

1 Like

lemme see if i could not find something with Excel first. I actually found a plugin from Diroots which is free and that can do the task with one click but somehow its not installing.

@shershahbacha9 why don’t you use the node String.ToNumber to change your excel data (0,1) to numbers then hook them to the schedule node?

2 Likes

I tried but its also not working

i got the info also use Bumblebee read from Excel:
2022-03-18_14h14_40

2 Likes

Learn about data types, your data is in the form of a string and you’re trying to set a boolean parameter. Convert the Ja/Nein value into true/false values before setting your parameter.

Use the Object.Type Node to analyse the data-types.

Thanks. How to convert Ja/Nein to True/False ?

This node also read Excel the same as i used. I mean it gives data in form of strings. So there is no difference

I did that and converted it into booleans but somehow still not working

Did you succeed in finding a solution I am facing the same problem?