Tag halftone

Hi everyone,

i’m trying to set all tags which are refered to a excisting element at halftone.
i can’t get my tags in dynamo. does anyone know a way to get all the tags of my view in dynamo?

thanks already

Can you show us what you have so far? Probably need the element Type and All Elements Of Type nodes and then filter to the ones you need.

i’ve got it!
this is the way

2 Likes

Great job, could you share which package that custom node is in for others?

its from Clockwork.

1 Like

Here is a script for override graphics (Halftone) on all tags of elements with the parameter “phase created” [Existing] in the active view.

A part of the script I found in another blog. Thanks Kulkul :slightly_smiling_face:

TAGS_Existing Halftone version2.dyn (48.6 KB)

can post your graph screen grab as well? I’m using a lower version of dynamo and cannot open the file.

For the Python scripts look for the solution by Kulkul:

https://forum.dynamobim.com/uploads/short-url/cbVaWjt39sMExmObc6yltXgE9Dc.dyn

2 Likes

Feeling cute…here is my version

ChangeExistingTagsHalfTone.dyn (25.8 KB)

1 Like

How would one go about for tags hosted to linked elements? I.e. halftone tags for existing equipment/fixtures in a linked model.

Same process just query the linked model for the phase of the tags but caution as you will not be in control of how the link model does the phasing so you are at the mercy of someone else’s work. Personally unless I had a lot of confidence and experience with the creators of the model I would stay away from doing that.

See above

A precondition is that the linked model has the phases set up correctly. I noticed that tags I create in my model, hosted/pointing to elements in a linked model do not get picked up by various SelectByCategory Nodes.

Linked elements have to be called separately than elements…if you post some pics I can try to help but admittingly copy paste ninja slowly turning useful user here :slight_smile: …This script is from 2019 but will grab elements from linked rooms it should help with the methodology.
Linked Arch Model - Get Elements in Rooms rev 3.dyn (83.3 KB)