Tag all generic models

Hi all,

I am working on a script to tag all generic models and am running into a small problem. i am using the archi-lab node, but for some reason it is not working. I think it has something to do with my Tag Location(s),but i am not getting any warnings. Thanks for the help!!! Please see attached picture.

tag all

Use Type Id instead of type. add Element.Id after Types and feed that into the node. After that let’s see what happens.

Hi Konrad i am not following you. a little confused on what should be replaced with what.

programming chips-tag all

still not working. its like the location cant be found.

Glenn,

Couple of things:

1. Family Instance.Location node will not always return a point. Point is needed for creating an annotation tag. Some families like Beams have location as a Curve. Double check to make sure that you are only plugging in points.

2. I made some changes to the node, now that you pointed out that you want to use it. Here’s what it looks like now:

Capture

You can see that i highlighted that its critical for the list of elements, views, and location points to match in Length. That means that if you have 8 family instances that you want to tag, you need a list of 8 views (or single view if all tags are to be created in the same view) and a list of 8 location points. Also, the Run input accepts a Boolean. Keep in mind that if boolean is set to True, this node will generate new Tags every time you hit Run. I recommend that you hit run and then change the boolean to False so that you dont create duplicates.

Here;s the result:

Capture1

Oh, and one more thing. Please download latest archi-lab package to get this node. I just uploaded it. Good luck!

@Konrad_K_Sobon could you post the code you used for this if you still have it. i cant read your pictures they are too blurry