T-spline surface version is too new!

[ T-spline surface version is too new! ]

Hello Dynamo Team!

When I import T-spline Surface from Fusion 360 to Dynamo Studio (and also Dynamo Sandbox 2.7 ) this error appears.

Dynamo Team! Could you please fix this?

Thanks!

tspl_new_error.dyn (2.6 KB)

tsm file link : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkHB48P3gWcageN8QH-t_mge7i4yig?e=6RlW72

Hi @Lynn_Kim

Could you expand the error message which you’re getting.

1 Like

Hi @Kulkul
I added a capture image file about the error to the post.
And I attached the related dyn and tsm files.

Thanks!

Not that the error is
[Warning: TSplineSurface.ToBRep operation failed.
Unable to set T-Spline for conversion :
TSPL_SURFACE_VERSION_NEWER – T-spline
surface version is too new and is not
supported in this application]

Where is the attachments? We can’t find it here.

now! re-try, please!

Hi @Lynn_Kim please try with one of the newer daily builds (2.10, 2.11 or 2.12)

1 Like

@Lynn_Kim I got the same error message as well. May be the shape is not supported by TsPline :thinking: :

Hi @Michael_Kirschner2,
I have tried with 2.10 and got the same exception.

1 Like

@Lynn_Kim can you tell which version of ASM and T-Splines you are using in Dynamo sandbox? Is ASM getting loaded from a local Revit installation for you? If not, can you tell where you are getting ASM and T-Splines from?

2 Likes

Knowing @Lynn_Kim’s work (I am a huge fan) it may be pulling from Fusion.

2 Likes

@Lynn_Kim we can work on a fix for this but for the time being, I can suggest a workaround. If you open the tsm file in a text editor and change the behavior-version to something smaller, then you should be able to convert the surface into a B-Rep. More specifically if Dynamo is using ASM226, you can set the version to 8.0.0 instead of 8.3.0, if it’s ASM225, then set it to 7.0.0.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Aparajit_Pratap so much for your clear solution!

I tried to do that.

How can I check the dynamo ASM version?

I didn’t check the ASM version, but anyway, I changed an end line of the TSM file like this in a text editor.

Both files set version to 8.0.0 and 7.0.0 are worked well when I used [TSplineSurface.ToBRep] Node in Dynamo Sandbox (Core 2.7).
But the error apears in Dynamo Sudio yet.

I will expect to Dynamo Taeam to fix it completely.

@Lynn_Kim it’s great that you got it to work in Dynamo sandbox. Dynamo Studio, however, is quite old and hasn’t been updated since 2017 so I’m not sure if the workaround will work in that case even if you change the version to 6.0.0 but you can try. Since it worked for you by setting it to 8.0.0, it looks like you’re using ASM version 226 in Dynamo so I’d suggest you stick with that. In Studio, an even older version of ASM might be getting loaded.

1 Like