Surface projection color of direct shape

Hi.

I am creating a generic model using the ‘DirectShape.ByMesh’. It imports into Revit fine but I am unable to change the surface projection colour. I’ve tried using a mass as the category but same problem. Modifying the materials works if the views are shaded but not in hidden line mode. Visibility graphics and override element by view don’t work either. Cut pattern and line pattern work in hidden line, its just the surface pattern that doesn’t work. Is this a known limitation of Direct Shapes?

Any suggestions?

seems like all of the surface normals are flipped inwards and the override color ends up on the inside of the mesh. You can only see the edges:

You could try converting the meshes to polysurfaces and importing that instead?

It’s gonna be slower but at least you’ll be able to see the meshes. I don’t recommend using the default nodes…

1 Like

@Dimitar_Venkov thanks for the response. I tried the mesh to polysurface node but it crashed. Is there no node in Dynamo to flip mesh normals? I had a look but could find anything even in the MeshToolkit.

I had a very similar problem to this and used Springs.FamilyInstance.ByGeometry and then Element.OverrideColorInView to recolour them. Awesome work @Dimitar_Venkov :slight_smile: