Surface Issue with Lunchbox Diamond Grid

Hi All,

I’m making an adaptive screen that can adapt (open and close value) according to a gradient / Image I specify. The node works precisely as intended by placing the geometry correctly, but a strange issue occurs that the selected image gets cut and placed diagonally across the surface with the LB. Lunchbox Diamond Grid by Face node. I’ve coloured it in view for visual reference.

The current workaround is to just use the LB. Lunchbox Diamond Grid by Face node to place the adaptive components, then use another script and attractor to control the parameters of the placed component. This is not as successful as using a gradient, and it involves two scripts/parts which I’d love to avoid.

Any suggestions? Or alternatives I can try, or you can recommend?
Please find the script attached, you can use any 4-point or 3-point adaptive component and any gradient / image.

Thank you,
KM
Scale_Adaptive.dyn (1.5 MB)

I think you will get help sooner if you include all relevant files (like “gradient.jpg” mentioned in your script) and post a picture of your script with all nodes expanded.
If you post your script and it says 1,5Mb! you should be alerted that you have Element Binding there aswell, which may be a culprit…

Okay, thank you.

I’ve uploaded the script in four parts testing whether it’s a script, component or node issue. I think it’s best to only upload an image of the problematic one, and keep it simple. See the requested attached:

DiamondGrid_Adaptive.dyn (30.8 KB)
QuadBasePanel.rfa (688 KB)

The gradient is a random one for basic testing which I downloaded from the internet. It is essentially any image/gradient that the nodes split in half. but here is the one used.