Structural Plan View / Ceiling Plan View Confusion

I believe C Poupin awnsered that all ready right?

1 Like

I missed that.

So now this is out of the way (can’t be resolved). How is this a issue for OP’s Graph (.dyn).

1 Like

The following picture shows the difference between creating a Structural Plan and a Ceiling Plan.

I have never ever and will never ever create, open or use a Ceiling Plan.
My whole department is using only Structural plans for over 10 years. So please understand that i´m not going to change the whole system and start creating Ceiling Plans from now on.

I have about 1000 Structural Plans in my Projects, this is how they look like in Revit (sorry it´s german):

Here you can see this views in Dynamo:

Is this understandable up to this point?

As i said before. I already replicated the issue and therefor knew what the problem was.

How does this issue effect your Graph (.dyn) was the follow up question.

Did you try @jacob.small suggestion using Transaction.End > Transactions.Start nodes?

1 Like

I can´t find a parameter to show you that the view direction of the created plan is UP :confused:
But please see that the appropriate family and type is applied:

Can you please read my replies. I already said i understand the problem,
but not how it effects your script.

1 Like

Just wanted to make it clear for everyone, because it seems nobody understood the sentence in my very first post:

For your understanding, all my Plans are Structural Plans with view direction up. In Dynamo they are calles CeilingPlanViews, but they are still StructuralPlans in Revit.

I can show you two samples where this effects my script. There is already a thread where i explained it, but hear a short version:

The “Set Parameter Nodes” all have the same view as input. The Set.Parameter.By.Name node changes the type and view direction. This means the python script should work if i connect it with the Set.Paramater.By.Name Node, but it doesnt. The Python script only works if i connect it to the cropbox node (green). Thats the only node that gives a ceilingplanview as output.

As i mentioned before, also this script works by running it a second time…
You can read the long version here: https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/duplicate-plan-and-set-crop-box-view-range-scale-view-template-view-type-etc
Duplicate_Formworkplan.dyn (49.2 KB)

Edit: Can show you another example tomorrow!

If you had posted that link in your first post we wouldn’t have had this whole ‘discussion’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
But i will look into it tomorrow as well, unless someone else comes with the solution before that :relaxed:.

I made this thread to isolate this single problem because i have this problem now in different scripts, with different nodes, and because i got no solution in the other thread.
I don´t want a workaround for this script or a solution that only works in this script, that was my idea.

@gerhard.p

I was looking through available nodes and i came across
@ViewPlan ByLevel & Type (i believe it is from the @nodes package).
I think this is the solution for (all) your problem(s).

1 Like

Hello bvs,

Thanks for reading the other thread and finding a solution! It works perfect.

I have to admit i was hoping to get answers to my questions, more than finding a solution.

Why does it work by running the script a second time? Why could i make it work during the first session? Why the heck is this CropBox node putting out the correct view? :grin:

But if this really is a unique problem and i won´t have to deal with something like this again, i´m happy to use this custome node!

Can you mark my previous post as Solution @gerhard.p. Thank you.

PS
I have some ideas / thoughts but it won’t add much to this topic. Plus i might be wrong anyways as i don’t know much about the Revit API (so again, i can only guess).

Just noticed that it`s a real benefit that this works now for structural plans and Floorplans. I shared my script with other departments and had to make another one just for floorplans, thats not nesessary anymore with this node, nice!