Structural framing plans - Dynamo

I am trying to set up structural plan views. I created a routine that generates all of our plan views. but the structural plan view creation node only creates foundation plans and not framing plans.

I have been working on a routine that filters all of the plan views that contains “- UP” in the view name and then I want to set the view type as framing. but can’t seem to manage to make that part work.

for the node “Element.SetParameterByName”. I get the Warning: Internal error, please report: Dereferencing a non-pointer.

sorry too new to upload the routine…

this is all I am trying to change

Teaching you to fish here… instead of showing the change in how to wire this, I’m going to give a clue. If you place a few Object.Type nodes along the canvas and my red markups will become even more clear.

This may only be part of the solution though, as you may be missing a node to get the View Type as the parameter in question is a Type parameter, and you may be working with View Instances thus far, which means you could be trying to set the “View Direction” in the Element Properties Pallet instead of the Element Types Pallet.

so that was my assumption… but taking it from a list of strings back to elements is where I’m stumped. do i use a different node for element ID so the boolmask has elements for the in output? or do I take the in from the boolmask and use a node to give me a list of elements.

I’m new to dynamo and i think my struggles are finding the nodes i need.

If you filter the list of elements instead of the list of strings you should be fine. Go from the list input on the List.FilterByBoolMask node and work backwards along the list inputs until you find elements. :slight_smile:

Here is a very simple method to show what needs to be used to set the View’s family type. There is a node in the Rhythm package that can be used to achieve this. But for the value input, you need to use view family type.

Hope this helps!

thanks guys this really was a big help.

1 Like