Space Analysis package / signage visibility analysis

Does anyone have any simple examples of the Space Analysis package that they can share- I’m struggling to work out how the nodes fit together.

The exercise is quite simple (famous last words with Revit)- I need to work out where particular signage elements are visible from.

Or an example of a 3D isovist- there is a 3D vertical aspect .ie the height of the signage

thank you in advance

Andrew

1 Like

@keanw

Bouncing this post, any help appreciated

Hi Andrew,

You can find some simple samples on your system, in the place Space Analysis was installed, e.g.:

%appdata%\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.1\packages\SpaceAnalysis\extra
%appdata%\Dynamo\Dynamo Core\2.3\packages\SpaceAnalysis\extra

That said, you should definitely bear in mind that Space Analysis is 2D only: for 3D you’ll have to look elsewhere.

Kean

Hey Andrew,

This post should be a good start.

regards,
Han

thanks Kean & Han

I’ll give it a try

@Andrew_Hannell, did you ever get this resolved?

I am running into a problem from the linked article and would love to get it resolved.

Anybody want to throw there hat in the ring on this one?

I’m referencing the Space Anaylsis IN Revit article which seems very helpful. However I am having an issue I have not been able to resolve.

Specifically, here is the error:

And here is the *.dyn file I’m working from:
Space Analysis_building.dyn (130.8 KB)

Although the source article is very helpful, I’m wondering if my error is in the ‘barriers input’ section of his article. the group name is Get Wall with Doors and I select "Doors’ in the category block. Since the refers to an empty collection of solids I was curious if another category needs to be selected. But, everything I have tried results in a similar error.

I would LOVE for my students to use this tool, and so any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Here’s the quick sample Revit file I’m trying to test it in:
Daylighting_Space Analysis Test.rvt (2.1 MB)

Unless i’m mistaken, the energy seems to be on VASA now. It’s TOTALLY worth having a look :slight_smile:

Yeah, from what I have been able to read I like the idea of Vasa. But there is very little supporting information (that I can find) to help me learn how to actually use it.

All I’ve been able to find is the intro video on YouTube and that’s about it.

It just got released, we need to give it some time :slight_smile:

From memory (mine is not the best) I did get it working
But as Kean noted- the isovist is 2D only, so I ended up using Rhino/Grasshopper or Rhino/plug-in