Sort list number in ascending order

Hello im trying reorder my sheets from the project browser but its messed up when i tried to. Is there a way sort this? My project browser is below:

I want to sort it like 01-29 where drawing list and notes comes first like the image markup, then the rest will follow as is like the 5th sheet would be the #1 (architectural roof plan) then #2 (architectural -floor plan). I tried work on it (please see below comments as I cant post multiple images in my post).

Thank you and more power!

Here is what i have tried. its still not in order.

Hi @Richard.P.Garcia

Could you drop here rvt file with only sheets in it?

Hi Kulkul,

Here is the model. I am trying to sort base on the “DRAWING NUMBER” in a format MHU\UAB 00 501-XX (where XX is sheet number i.e. 01, 02, 03 format etc. see the sheet list.

see here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tqBmOXq2_yhdthUS_I8u-7i3F-RRHc-j/view?usp=sharing

Hi @Richard.P.Garcia

Is this what you’re trying to achieve?

1 Like

Maybe you can try this before you feed it into List.SortByKey.

Richard,

One of the issues is that Revit stores the Sheet number field as text (string) and when you sort a string it orders it the way you see it. If you convert the string to a number using the node String.ToNumber. It might sort the way you are looking, but it also might mess up the numbers that have a zero prefix. If that is the case, you might have to do a little data manipulation to isolate the sheet numbers that start with zero.

Nick

this is a method of sorting with string’s

1 Like

The only solution is provided by Kulkul.