Something keeps Excel running even after file close

I have been running a script that lets you select an excel document (data-shapes) than pulls info from it (Bumblebee) but as I was testing i was running it over and over and found that it was writing more than i was telling it too. In Task Manager i found 12 instances of Excel running in the details tab though no excel files were open.

With some testing i found that each run would open 4 instances of excel service but at close 2 would remain. I would need to manually End Task.

Can you provide a copy of your script or screenshot for review? Is this run though dynamo player, standard add in, or stand alone sandbox?

i have tested it through player and through add-in. it works perfectly…until it stacks.

Ok, so the question is does it stack every time or just once? Would help to see the graph.

Can you change the bumblebee node out for the standard excel.writetofile node and see if it has the same issue? Datashapes shouldn’t cause an instance of excel to open if you’re just using it to select a file, so I’m doubtful it’s that. Again would need to see to narrow this down further.

It stacks everytime. I think I may have found something. I have Passthrough nodes because you can’t read an excel doc with 2 different commands because it tries to open the same doc…but the Passthrough looks to hold the info in cache…just doesnt release it

Test.dyn (26.9 KB)