Solid outline area

hello, i’ve combined a multiple solids of window into one solid and i want to get the outline of the solid to get the area but got probleme when it comes to intersect geometries with each other ! any help please !

Hi @talbimam
Do you just want to area information or do you also need the located geometry of the intersection?

hi @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi just want the area but not (height x width ), i mean in case of complexe form or just in case of circular window or a window with an arc !

I think your workflow can work. You don’t need to set the lacing of geometry intersect to longest :

Now in my opinion you won’t get great performance doing things like this, especially if the number of windows gets big!
The way I’d do it is by adding reporting parameters showing the dimensions of the opening inside the families.

1 Like

i don’t know why it didn’t work for me even with the lacing methods ! and yes working directly in parameter of the family is fine and lite ! but i was thinking about automating the process ! thank you @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi

No problem! :slight_smile: I think it has something to do with the way you were creating the solids. The faces you were using weren’t exactly the faces surrounding the global geometry.
you should mark the topic as solved