Solid.difference creates void geometry

Hi there

I’m new at dynamo and having some troube to understand why solid.difference is creating a void geometry (at least a part of the geometry). I already tried creating the original geometry in SAT type in order to see if dynamo could understand as a three-dimensional geometry, but I’m having the same problem.

I’m trying to subtract a part of the green geometry that is in the grey geometry. The subtraction occured, but the result comes with this part “void” and has to be green, as it were before the subtraction.

Anyone has some idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance

Hi @elisaVC8TM not sure at all, but it seems you use a custom template be sure thats not a void.try with the standard genericmodel and see if that work…just a guess :wink:

1 Like

Yes sorry, listen Mr. Sovitek just tried with String
bad lead on my part
The template as mentioned
Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

H Christian, no not bad lead at all…i am confused as well as that it first time i see that issue…

@elisaVC8TM if you want you could try share that rft file

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, but everything is solid, so was supposed to make the subtraction, right?

1 Like

as anticipated by Mr. Sovitek more digging on the side of the Node and the incoming FamilyTemplate

cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

Hi… which revit version are you in, keep in mind spring family instance doesnt work well in 2022

allright there it should work…

To see your directory when searching for the right template

as your template is on the desktop
cordially
christian.stan