Solid.byloft doesn't work

Hello there,
I wish run a loft by polycurve like a first pic, but solid.byloft doesn’t work to me.
it goes in error:

‘‘Unable to loft! : BAD_WIRES – This is a bad choice of wires.’’

How can I fix to get solid?

1 Like

@stemilan96 ,

did you check the order of the polycurves?
in my case i had to reorder my profiles (rectangles)

How can I reorder my polycurve?

The ‘‘sastrugi’’ node should sort points which it will be connected each other in a polycurve

@stemilan96 ,

sort by level or by ZValues… which ParameterValues have a potential to get sorted?

or you can create a Guidline and loft by that like in my screenshot

I tried that

But still It doesn’t work.

The node ‘‘solid.byloft’’ shows me error ‘‘Avviso: Solid. Operazione ByLoft non riuscita.
Unable to set the sections or the centerline! : BAD_WIRES – This is a bad choice of wires.’’

1 Like

@stemilan96 ,

like this… you have to sort your points coresponding to the ZValue!

2022-07-06_16h56_22

I’ll get same result than before.

I think node sastrugi does that
It works to sort a list of points and therefore you may obtain some polycurve from this list.

In fact, If I try to get a polycurves directly from list whitout pass along sastrugi, I’ll get a disorganized polycurves and not some perimeters like in the screen before

@stemilan96 ,

when you take the shape direktly, you can use Element.Geometry to shift it to dynamo

ya but I don’t work whit a shape.

I imported a mesh from Rhino and I’m looking for building a dynamo script to transform this mesh in a solid element to export it in Revit

@stemilan96 ,

can you share the file? is it linked to a project or family inviroment?

sorry I can’t, It’s for my thesys project

which format is it? @stemilan96

.sat? .3dm? can you create a demo file?

it’s a .3dm file.
You can create a mesh in rhino a so you might export that in a .3dm file and import in dynamo by rhynamo nodes

ok, I tried to subdived polycurves two by two and I can get some little solids which I’ll join each other to get a single solid.

However, how you can see, sometimes solid.byloft doesn’t work and I’ve no idea why this happens.
Also, It happens a strange thing about solid’ surface, they don’t appear as a homogeneus surfaces.

Could you help me starting from here?