Sheets chosen from MultipleInputForm are strings, I need the coorelating IDs

I am trying to get Sheets chosen from the Multiple Input Form ++ so we can duplicate as needed. The trick here is that these sheets are from a link. :grinning: My issue is when the sheets are chosen the returning results are strings leaving me and my limited knowledge of dynamo / python stuck in the mud.

My mammoth graph is available upon request.

Thank you guys.

I’ve narrowed my question down to this…

How can I get the Sheet element from the Sheet Number (chosen from Data-Shapes Form).

Ultimately, I would like to re-create the sheets from the link into my host model.

Thank you.

Depends on what you need the elements and IDs for. Firstly, if you plan to ‘duplicate’ the sheets it wont work as there is no way to duplicate sheets, even through the API. You can however use BimorphNodes DuplicateSheets node which obviously works around these limitations (by simply creating new sheets and matching the Title Block etc).

However, if you were to input the sheet elements from an external file it will fail since it depends on object ID’s, and those ID’s will be invalid if they come from an external file. It requires an entirely different approach unfortunately. The good news is, it is possible to ‘duplicate’ (copy) views from an external file…because I’ve already done it. The catch is, it has to be coded and it requires a working knowledge of the Revit API (its not an open source project so I wont be posting the code publicly). If you add placed views into the equation, it takes on a new level of complexity which warrants the use of C# as Python cant cut it.

You could instead simplify the workflow if you don’t code, like writing the attributes of the sheets to Excel or Flux then importing/using that data to recreate the sheets in your active file…and only focus on sheets.

Thank you Thomas (again). This graph started from Learn Dynamo’s module 9.

I was hoping to add the option of linked sheets and add the MulipleInputForm ++. But it is sounding like that may not work.

Our current “Setup Guys” would be better served using the Dynamo Player rather than navigate a graph.

Ideally, I would want to re-create the sheets with views just as the Architect’s link. I currently have the graph to Re-create the sheets but adding the views is a real hurdle.

Thanks again (again). :grin: