Set the parameter/Material and other of a Fabric Reinforcement sheet

Hello everyone,

i want to overwrite the parameters “Material” and “Major Direciton Type” with Dynamo.
For the rest of the parameters which are number based I used the node “Element.Set.ParameterByName”.

But I don’t know how to override the parameters described above.

Thanks for any advice

The same node will work, you just have to provide the correct object types. Material takes a material element and the direction is likely a number (assuming it’s a dropdown). The easiest thing to do in these situations when you may not know the object type you need to supply, is to use GetParameterByName first to return those values. Revit will usually return them in the same format that you need to supply them.

@s.hofer6LSK7 ,

be aware you have to access Type parameters differently

KR
Andreas

1 Like

I completely missed that they’re type parameters. Good eye, @Draxl_Andreas.

The important thing here is that type parameters come from the type just like instance parameters come from the instance. You need to get the family type from the instance in order to modify type parameters.

1 Like

Hi @Nick_Boyts, @Draxl_Andreas,

Thanks for the advice.
The material input works with the “Materials” node. I also get the query with the “Mattenstab Querbewehrung”.

Which node do I have to use that I can determine the input “Value” of “Elements.SetParameter.ByNameTypeOrINstance” node, and possibly as a drop down field, similar to the material?

I don’t quite follow your question. It’s the same as before. When dealing with a type parameter you need to use the family type or find a custom node that takes both instance and type parameters.

Not all values will have a dropdown list. In fact, most will not. This is why it’s a good idea to get existing values so you know what you need ahead of time. Or sometimes you can look into the API if you’re dealing with builtin parameters.