Set project parameter

Hi guys,

After creating a group of project parameters with the Parameter.CreateProjectParameter node, which seems to be actually created as a shared parameter, I am having some trouble assigning value/text to these parameters with the Element.SetParameterByName node. For some reason, it is saying that no parameter can be found with the name I am assigning.

The strange thing in that the name I am assigning actually exists, and it is being directly assigned to the node from a list obtained using the Document.ProjectParametersByCategory node.

I have seen some discussion in the forum about this but dating 2016 but I am still not able to solve my problem. Maybe it is a problem with the latest version of Revit 2022.

Any help is very welcome. Cheers.

If you click on a wall in your Revit project does it have that parameter?

You’re not giving us much to go off with just the image provided. Are they instance parameters or type parameters? Have you confirmed the parameter is being created? Have you confirmed it’s correctly applied to categories?

@Alien - Yes, they are there. They appear under the “Type properties” windows under the IFC parameters group.

@Nick_Boyts -They are type parameters. I am applying them to all categories present in the project. I have confirmed that they have been correctly applied. I am not sure what more to give, I think I am just missing some minor detail.

If it’s a type parameter try putting the node, “Element.Type” between All Elements of Category and the Set parameter node.

2 Likes

Thanks @Alien :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like