Set Pipe Routing Preference or Swap Taps for Tees

I constantly need to switch between Taps and Tees for sprinkler piping. I don’t want to create a new/duplicate pipe type, as it needs to remain the same type throughout projects. I see nodes to GET routing preference, but no way to set/switch it. Is there a way to do this in Dynamo?

Alternatively, if there’s some way I could swap a selected tap (generic standard welded connection) to a tee, that would also be ideal. However, they are classified as completely different connection types within pipe fittings (can’t swap under properties dropdown), so not sure if it’s possible.

Hi @ewelchdynamo here is a very rough exemple…here i use mepover…
Revit_SpiTPGSUGy

1 Like

That is exactly what I need! Will this work fine in Revit '22? Also, can I specify what Tee Family to use?

Yes should work in 22 as well for specify you can try as here

1 Like

Well, I got it to work once, and now it won’t work at all…

I thought it was deleting the tap too soon, but even giving a passthrough and making it wait yields the same result. Do you have any idea what the issue is?

Could you upload a small rvt exemple…just with few pipes and fitting as i dont have any pipeseries with taps i tried with ducts…

Now it almost works, but the tee refuses to connect the right way. I have attached a small test model and my script.
Tap to Tee Test Model.rvt (6.6 MB)
Tap to Tee.dyn (19.7 KB)

Could it be an issue with the fitting family itself? I thought this tee was in the default library… not sure why it won’t connect the branch properly

Yes it gives error even when we try change manuel…i will see i can fix it…anyway how about a sprinkler pipe serie with tap and one without…here is an exemple…but still error with that T…when itry with other no problem…

Yes, I also get no errors when using another Tee family. Very strange. When opening the original Standard family to edit, I don’t see anything wrong…

However, now it keeps deleting the previous tee created for some reason. No errors when run.

Yes thats element binding…run from player for avoiding that…i will try take alook later on that family

1 Like

Ah yes, works fine in player. Still no clue what is wrong with that original tee, it just won’t work, even changing from properties… Hopefully that can be figured out.

Thanks!

1 Like