Set parameters

Hi, I dont understand why when i try to set my parameters they are not always appearing even thou I have all of them set on revit

Hi @MariaLauraLeonardi

Could you show us complete graph with all the values and warning messages.

These are the values

and the warning says that there are no parameters found by that name

Are they type or instance parameters? Type parameters have to be set with the FamilyType element and instance parameters have to be set with the FamilyInstance element.

1 Like

They are all like this

@Nick_Boyts also i have just realized that I did a mistake since i want to associate these parameters not to the wall but to a new material that i ve just created like this:
do you know how to do it? :slight_smile:

You can assign the project parameter to the material category, but I’m not sure how you can access the parameter in Revit. You could still get/set the value via Dynamo with the material element though.

Thanks a lot i will try this and let you know :slight_smile:
the ideal things will be then to create a schedule with this

You could get it from a Material Takeoff schedule. Not sure if that will be helpful in your case or not.

Might help to post a Revit project with a single beam instance and the data you want to pack onto the material.

@MariaLauraLeonardi Could you drop relevant files here. So that it will help others who’s trying to help you? Right now we can only guess from the partial images which you have been showing us.

1 Like

I cannot share too big files as revit unfortunately

Purge them down to size and use a 3rd party file transfer (wetransfer, box, Dropbox, onedrive, google drive, etc.).

1 Like

I suppose some values are number or int , not string. Or the opposite.
Each values must fit the rule of each parameters.

Was going to say the same thing. What does the error say when you try to write the values?

I think that it has some problem reading the values as “numbers” because once I changed the type of parameters as integers or length it works. :upside_down_face: this is so weird.
The thing is that now I have no idea how to see these parameters on revit. They do not appear nowhere.

Remove everything from the file but five materials applied to five beams or floors or whatever. Delete all other model elements and purge everything. Clear out every view but one default 3D view, and post the file and your DYN so the community can help.

1 Like