Set Parameter node creates value but does not assign it to element (room)

Hey everyone,
We create room sheets for every room in a project. So, I’m trying to create a room tag that looks for the room’s name in the list of sheets and puts it in the tag.
My problem is this: the Element .SetParametryByName node creates the text I need in a shared parameter I created Earlier, but that assigned text (sheet number) does not get selected into each room. I tried the same process on a new file and it always works, but not on an existing file. Ideas?

I can only add one image so I cannot add the nodes’ Image :\

There

You are filtering the names, but not the elements themselves. Therefore, the indexes you are using to retrieve the elements doesn’t align with their corresponding names. The parameter value is being assigned to a room, but not the ones you want. Check your other rooms and you will most likely find one with the other parameter value. You should instead filter the elements using the same filter by bool mask

1 Like

Thanks for your reply,

if you check at the end of the nodes (what do you call a set of nodes btw?) you’ll find two List.GetItemAtIndex nodes and one of them retrieves elementID which is identical. I tried this node set in a new project and the room picks up the number with no problem, only in an existing project this happens.

Yes but you’ve already filtered the names. So the list you’re getting the index from does not match the original Names list and therefore does not match the original Elements list.

It worked !! I added a filter by level for the elementsID

I still don’t know why it didn’t just assign wrong sheet numbers, but it worked nonetheless :smiley:

It was, but your list of sheets was longer than your list of names. So some sheets didn’t have values.

1 Like