Element.set.Parameter by Value Not working

Hi All,
I’m trying to create a script that create sheets from an Excel file, all gose well, and the script creates all the sheets, but, I want to categorize the created sheets by a parameter I had created for sheets called “Sheets Type”, the problem is the Node “Element.set.Parameter by Value” return an error, it had worked previously… but now it dosn’t … any suggestions ?

regards
Sheets From Excel Tests.dyn (33.9 KB)

Hi, We cant really see what’s going on as the error is not visible and neither are the node content previews.

Look like a Data type error… Share the error for better clarification.

Thanks for your reply, the warning says: Internal error, please report: Dereferencing a non-pointer.

Why are you joining the sheets, which are elements, together with the Excel data? Also, perhaps you need a transaction.end node after the sheet creation.

PS: as both other replies stated, please share what data is going through your nodes.

Sheets.xlsx (13.0 KB)

thanks for the reply, sure, please find my Excel sheet…

Please check ① and ②

for point 2 : yes, I had created a project parameter for the sheets.
for point 1 : I just were trying out, and I don’t know how fill the parameter with data from excel sheet, knowing that it had worked earlier…

is the parameter type or instance based?
If its type based i think you need to use a different node.

also worth checking is the parameter is on the titleblock family or the sheet? These are 2 different elements. If the parameter only exists on the title block you are feeding the wrong element into the set by name node.

Issue might be that you are trying to set a Parameter of an Element (in this case the Sheet),
which doesn’t exist (yet).

So maybe a PassThrough node after the create
Sheets Create node and before the Element.SetParamterByName node?

Basicly what @Daan says.

Also, perhaps you need a transaction.end node after the sheet creation.

Try this:

1 Like

Thank you @manhgt214, it does worked, although I had tried this before, but it worked for now…

And thanks for all those who tried to help me out

1 Like