Set Multiple Parameters to Multiple Elements

What is a decent workflow for setting multiple parameters to multiple elements in Dynamo 2.0? I’ve tried methods that I ran across (snipits below) but both options are failing when trying to set multiple paramters (I may be handling these incorrectly). I’ve also tried adjusting the lacing on the Element.SetParameterByName node but that doesn’t fix my issue. For clarification, I’m trying to set one value to a list of parameters from a list of elements.

can you show some more of the thingy? graph/script/dyn?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Marcel

it should work with element set parameter value by name laced longest, if it does not, a quick and dirty fix is to count the list of elements and then cycle the material that same amount and use that as inputs.

1 Like

First thing i notice is that in your last node not every input is supplied with a value
Setting type parameters is sometimes hard, but there is a node that called SetParameter(TypeOrInstance) Rhythm Package

1 Like

Thanks to both of you! It seems to be working now with lacing set on cross product after closing and opening Dynamo. I’m new to dynamo and am still figuring out when troubleshooting issues that sometimes a restart is best prior to going down the rabbit hole. Much appreciation!

1 Like

I recommend you go back and check out the list section of the Dynamo Primer. Lots of helpful stuff in there.

https://primer.dynamobim.org/06_Designing-with-Lists/6_designing-with-lists.html