Set dynamo player default version

Short version:

Is there a way to set the version of dynamo that the dynamo player in Revit uses to 2.0 instead of 1.3?

Long version:

We have created all of our dynamo tools in dynamo 2.0+. If your workstation contains multiple major versions of Dynamo, e.g, Dynamo 1.x and Dynamo 2.x, Dynamo Player will start with whichever version you select for Dynamo for that session. If you open the player without starting regular dynamo in that session it defaults to version 1.3, and will crash when users try to run our tools. I would just uninstall 1.3 on everyone’s machines, but anytime there is a Revit update it will reinstall it automatically. I tell everybody to make sure they run regular dynamo first and select 2.0 before using the player, but most of our users think dynamo is designed by aliens and have no idea what I’m talking about even after I walk them through it once. So inevitably somebody tries to run the player first, and then run a 2.0 tool with 1.3 selected and “dynamo needs attention” and crashes the computer. Is there a configuration file somewhere, or a preferences file or something where I can set users dynamo player to always use dynamo 2.0+ by default so I can stop getting phone calls from detailers complaining about how “these fancy dynamo tools that are supposed to be making things faster keep crashing my machine”.

\rant

2 Likes