This is my first post here and I’m still new to Dynamo so my knowledge is limited. In short what I would like to achieve is to set a different rotation value per inserted family instance.
What I have done so far:
- I link a CAD file in Revit,
- from the CAD geometry I filter the centerpoints on which I would like to insert my Revit family instance.
- The points are sorted by X-coordinate value to chronologically insert the family instance in the project.
- I load in an Excel file with a parameter value I want to add to the family instance and add this to the created family instance (The parameter values are chronologically added according to the ascending x-value)
- I load in an Excel file with a rotation value per family instance. The rotation values are in the same order as the family instances are created (ascending x-coordinate value)
Then my problem, when I use FamilyInstance.SetRotation command, it asks for a double as rotation value. My thoughts where to rotate the family instances in the same way as I add the parameter values, with a list in the correct value order so each instance is rotated with the value index correlation to the create order. This seems to be impossible. Does somebody have a way to achieve my goal?
Thanks in advance!