Rotation on family placement diferent at each instance. Am i able to define it with dynamo?

Through revit if the family was simple was easy to do it, but with this complicated and with instance parameters theres always some croqui over written.
I wonder if i can define each instance rotation with a list on dynamo and aply it to the axis of family placement.
thanks

you can, you will want to use the getrotation node and then do the math between the two. I think this is what you are asking anyway- you want to specify rotations for elements that are already rotated?

Thanks for the help. I have placed this family in 15 different points and after it i created a solid. I want to define with a list the rotations at each point. Like i did for the top of the deck. For the top i did with instance rotation parameter.

Got it. So this can be done, you use the concept of lacing. In your case, you will want a list of angles that equals the length of elements when using a rotation node.

There are a number of ways to rotate an element, people have built different rotation nodes. They will allow you to specify how the element rotates, around the center point, or around a different point. Some will also require you to enter an axis the elements are rotating in.

In this screenshot I used a node from the custom package Orchid to acheive this rotation. I used longest lacing, as auto lacing caused them to all rotate by the first value.

1 Like