Selection of Elements of Railing on Stairs

Hello everyone,

Happy sunday to you all.

I want to select all railing on the stairs on the specific level and to set parameter Value for these filtered elements. I am using “Genius Loci” node to select by level and category and then as two options I found two different nodes “Genius Loci” and “Clockwork” to get Depended Elements (in my case Railings).

Option 1 trying - Filter with the name railing, get what I want but I don’t know how to get these elements by filtered Name back. Is there any node that makes that? From the Name get Elements or?

Option 2 trying - Filter the elements that I want, without getting into Name part and also doesn’t work.I used custom node from “Geinius Loci” called ElementFilter By Name Equals but something doesn’t work.

I noticed in both cases getting depended elements (railing) from stairs the node Object.Type is showing me that these lements are Revit.Elements.UnknownElement…

Thanks for the reply in a advance :)…

@ceskoMU3VA it will work, just hook the filtered elements to the Element.SetParameterByName:

2 Likes

Elie, thank you very, very much for your help. It’s really easy solution that I didn’t take in consideration at all…

For everyone who is reading this post I adjusted my first script with your solution to share…
Thank you again :slight_smile:

1 Like