Selecting Table Objects with Dynamo

I’m attempting to select table objects without user input. With other objects I’ve been able to use “ObjectsByProperty” and select objects I’ve “flagged” via a property. Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to work for tables in paper space.

I’ve also tried “All Objects of Type” with every variation of the table type I can get access to. No luck.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Hi @rpriceAZEG6,

Civil 3D tables are not currently implemented in Dynamo by default or through the Civil 3D Toolkit, that I know of. And I haven’t added them to Camber so they aren’t supported there either (yet). Other than selecting manually, the only way I can think of is to select by All Objects on Layer.

I’m curious what you’re interested in doing with them?

I think I can figure a way for All Objects on Layer to work for this.

My company calculates detention pond WSE using an iterative method that involves inflow - outflow for 50 or so different time intervals across 6 or 7 different return periods. Several BIG tables. I’m creating a workflow that moves this process from Excel to Dynamo. Since we’ll always be outputting to the same set of tables there’s no need for user input to select the correct tables in the correct order - it’ll (hopefully) cause less problems in the future if the script does it automatically.

1 Like

OK so you need to be able to access the cell values in the tables?

1 Like

I have the same problem. I want to know how to do it.
Yes, if It’ll cause fewer problems in the future the script does it automatically.

Yes I have the same problem. I want to know how to do it. :smiling_face_with_tear:

The Arkance Systems Node Library contains a node to read Civil 3D table data.

1 Like