Selecting multiple families?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me remedy the problem here.
Basically i’ve asked for all elements of Mechanical Equipment and tried to filter based on the actual families I want which the only way I could figure out how to do, is control by the “Description” in the family. Which is why there is “Radiant Panel” “Heating Placeholder” etc.

So that bit works, but I can’t figure out how to filter it so I only receive the families mentioned in the codeblock, I thought with the == and the boolmask filter this would work…?

Any ideas?

EDIT: I’m essentially just wanting to apply a parameter “Heating Component” to the families of my choice. Specified in the code block

Nevermind. Solved it.

Had the wrong list being filtered in the bool mask.
Used the family instance.byfamilytype instead.

Were you just trying to set the parameters of those families??
Think Dynamo might be an overkill could use schedule and group by description and don’t itemise.

@OliverHallssh The script picks up the families that I want, applies a parameter to them, then based on that parameter will add up the heating load of all heating equipment in the room.

Then as a side error checking, if the equipment doesn’t have the right parameter for Dynamo to add to, it’ll place in the space a message saying either

"Calculation error - check family"
Or “Success” if the space works fine.