Select scope box (1 of 20), export to sat (1/20) to (20/20) end

Hello

I’ve been studying Revit & Dynamo & still have some way to go!

If I create a blank Revit file containing 20+ scope boxes to cover a 100m^2 & save for reference.
Then import a sat file (which is modified every two months as walls are knocked down) - what Dynamo instructions are needed to :
Export scope box 1 as sat, export scope box 2 as sat…etc.

The sat file is 100000 KB - the smaller sat files are imported into Inventor - things move quicker with smaller files.

Regards

Andrew

I wouldn’t import to Revit.

Import the SAT into Dynamo directly, limit geometry to a cuboid, and export. Do so with a range of cuboids and you’re good. :slight_smile:

Hello & thanks.

Two thoughts…

1: ‘limit geometry to a cuboid’ - not sure how to do this - so far have… (Error)

& seeing an error - guessing because there’s no Revit view…

2: the Revit model is modified by a third party, civil engineers, we add mechanical parts, cranes & rail tracks - the models go back & forth as the design develops - I was thinking the views once already set in the Revit model could then be called off by Dynamo as .sat - to be used in Inventor, this way Inventor only need to load a small section of the building to help speed up processing.

(I’ve pretty limited Revit knowledge.)

Regards

Andrew

Correct. Manually create a 3d view and pass that to see if it fixes things for you.