Select Linked Element

Hi, I am trying to get Type parameter values of the elements (linked elements) that have been selected in my list, which are of different categories and from different documents. The Elements are in nested lists and there are currently two options:
1- to get linked elements from the python code from which i am extracting the elements and then use BIMorph nodes to get the parameter values
2- to directly edit my python code so I can directly get the type parameter values
The following is my last line of code through which I am selecting the elements and appending them into the list:
linkedelement = docLinked.GetElement(refElemLinked.LinkedElementId)

@sensiblehira ,

check out BIMoprh nodes

my issue is that I am selecting the linked elements from the Reference Intersector method…my final output is an element not a LinkElement which is used in BIMorph nodes…I am confused as to how to get link element rather than the element itself

@Thomas_Mahon

I am getting these but I need link elements to use the Bimorph nodes…and I can’t understand how to do that

the rhythm node is giving me values for elements in one link instance but gives blank values for elements of the other link

Hello @sensiblehira

are you trying this ?

linkedelement = docLinked.GetElement(refElemLinked.LinkedElementId)
# getType
linkType_element = docLinked.GetElement(linkedelement.GetTypeId())
# get parameter
myParameterValue = linkType_element.LookupParameter('my_parameter_name').AsValueString()
1 Like

If you want Bimorph LinkElement’s why don’t you just use the Bimorph Nodes LinkElement.ByRayBounce | Dynamo BIM node?

There is no way to convert an element to a LinkElement via a node unfortunately - this responsibility is always left to BimorphNodes largely owning to complications if a provided element is not from a link, or if it is, establishing which link instance it came from. Hence, the functionality of converting an Element to a Bimorph LinkElement is unlikely to ever see the light of day - you just have to use one of the LinkElement nodes which returns the type.

1 Like

I understand your point but my issue is that I want to select elements of multiple categories…have used the LinkElement.ByRayBounce it returns elements of only one category