Select elements by specified view

Im trying to write a Dynamo script to enable element selection by view to allow me to group tag specific elements within a specific set of views but am new to Dynamo so not too sure how to go about this. Has anyone done this before who could point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

Hi Chris,

There is a custom node from archi-lab package to collect elements by category and view is what your looking for.

5 Likes

I cannot find the Node anymore in the package

Try “Select.ByCategoryAndView” in Archi-lab_Grimshaw Package.

1 Like

It is not available in the Archi-Lab Package. How to get the same. any Ideas??

1. Elements in view by category from MEPover Package
  2. Select.ByCategoryAndView from Archilab Package
  3. python

cheers

2 Likes

Why it doesn’t work with the category of textual notes ?

So I dug into the Node “Get Elements in View in Document by Category” that is within the Bakery package.

It seems that it is supposed to do what everyone here is looking for, however the Python script is malfunctioning. I’ll attach a screenshot below of the code and paste the error message as well in case anyone is interested.

Warning: IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed. 
Traceback (most recent call last):`
File "<string>", line 20, in <module>
TypeError: expected Document, got Document

I’m not sure what it’s issue is, as it states it expected Document and then received Document. But maybe someone more proficient in Python has some insite.

The python script seems correct. Rather, your document input is probably incorrect.
Use Get Documents or Current Document nodes of archilab package for this input.

I’ll have to try the Archilab Current Document node, is there a reason the Stock “Current.Document” node (or Code Block node that contains “Document.Current;”) does not play nice with the Python Script?