Get all elements in Revit

Hi,

Is there a way to get all elements in a Revit model from dynamo without having to create a node for every category? I am using several categories nodes and the all elements of category node, and i would like to do it with just one node or python script.

Also, is it possible to include view specific elements like tags on that?

Regards,

Pedro Pinheiro

I am trying to get all elements in Model by a Python Script, but i am new to Revit API, so this is what i got so far.

I am getting an error, saying that "view cannot be a template view. Any ideas how to solve this?

All Elements in Model

Hi,

You’re almost there. Dynamo has a problem with displaying some Revit elements (like for example view templates). Try wrapping the append in a try/catch clause like so:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Worked perfectly. Just needed to add some filters to get only the categories i wanted.

Works great thanks

Question originally posted in this post was already answered. If you want to ask a new question, please start a new thread. Apparently you have done so here: Query all objects in model if their parameters are filled in There is no need to ressurect this thread. I will close this discussion.