Select edges returns in "line" format

Hello everyone and sorry for the extremely simple question but I just don’t seem to be able to wrap my head around it… so I have revit component that I"m trying to edit in dynamo. I’m trying to fillet only certain edges and not all of them. for this I have used Select Edges node to select my edges, but the thing is Select edges interprets those edges as “lines” rather that actual edges and solid.fillet only accepts edges. I was wondering whether or not there is a way to convert those lines into edges…
thanks so much in advance :smile:

Can you show node previews? What does the error say?
If your element has multiple solids you may not have the right solid matched up with the edges you selected.

1 Like

sorry but what do you exactly mean by node previews? do you mean “watch” nodes?
as for the error, technically it’s not an error, it’s a warning that says: Warning: Solid.Fillet expects argument type(s) (Solid, Edge[], double), but was called with (Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Solid[], Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Line[], double).
I believe that the solid does match up with the edges since they both have the same ID.
any help is greatly appreciated

You’re correct in that the node won’t accept Line objects. You’ll have to get the Edges a different way.

thanks for the reply nick…
your method will select all of the edges in the solid, but what I’m trying to do is selecting only specific edges of the model and fillet those edges only. I was wondering whether or not there is a fast and convenient way to do this.

You could try:

1. Convert the edges to lines
  2. Match it with the selected edge line.
  3. Filter to get the edge you require?

1 Like

hey Ewan, thank you so much, you’re such a life saver man. your solution makes perfect sense. though I’m running into another problem which is quit frustrating and I’m hoping that someone here could help me out. as you can see in the attached image the List.IndexOf node returns a negative integer for some indexes (I’m assuming that this means the point does not exist in the list at all, but this simply can’t be true since I managed to locate one of those indexes manually)… any help is greatly appreciated…
problem

1 Like

As @Ewan_Opie said, you’ll have to filter the edges somehow. It’s hard to tell what your issue is with the IndexOf node since we can’t see your inputs, but it could possibly be a precision problem. Try rounding your points before comparing them.

2 Likes

thank you so very much @Nick_Boyts rounding the points solved the problem.
this is such an amazing community :smile:

1 Like