Section's Far Clip Offset

Hi there,

i wanna set the far clip offset for a type of sections that i have but somehow it’s not working
any ideas?

thanksSection Far Clip Offset.dyn (9.2 KB)

Can you share an image of your graph with an explanation of any warnings or errors you’re getting?

1 Like

it doesn’t select any sections :frowning:

You’ll need to use Element Types and All Elements of Type to get the views in your project. Then you can filter by Type (Family and Type) to get the Detail Section views.

1 Like

which node would it be ?

Sorry, that part is a little confusing. I was trying to differentiate between Element Type and Family Type. You would need to get the parameter value for Type, then cleanup and filter your list of elements.

1 Like

I’m confused, if I get parameter value name by type, then i can’t filter by name cuz they would all be view family types…

Your OP says “type of section” so I assumed “Detail Section” is a type of section you have in your model. You would find all the views in your project who’s type name == Detail Section.

1 Like

yes, i duplicated building section and created a new type as detail section.

So you would get the element’s type name and filter the elements that match.

1 Like

this is what i get

1 Like

You’re going to have to clean up your lists like I mentioned. Not all view types have types (confusing, I know, just trust me). You’ll have to filter those elements out first then check the remaining ones for a matching type name.

1 Like

These nodes from archi-lab would help

1 Like

Thank you Amy! I knew I had done this by view type but I couldn’t remember what nodes I used.

1 Like

thanks to Amy, here is the functional graph.

1 Like