ScheduleFIlter.FieldTypeAndValue is not working

Hi Everyone, somehow ScheduleFIlter.FieldTypeAndValur node is not working. I have previously gone through some posts but could not find a solution. Can anyone please suggest something to deal with this.

Not sure, but i know its very important what kind of object type the value is…

I have tried directly connecting the Element.GetParameterValueByName node output for room name with the value input. Its giving me the same error. Is not Room Name is a string object.

could you show your whole graph with all nodes output or share your graph…

are you sure the fields input comes from “scheduleviews.field” (room name)

I think the string input is fine. Looks like you are trying to filter with a schedulABLE field not a schedule field though.

The first is like stepping into the Fields setup in Revit and adding /removing fields. The second is the fields you see in the filter view or in the schedule itself. This is a very important distinction, as one is all applicable parameters for the categories, and the other is the field element in the schedule.

1 Like

Yeps Jacob…thats true…nice explanation :wink:

Sorry for late reply. Here is my full script. Jecob…I did read this solution from a previous post and I am already extracting the field from a scheduled field. I guess the issue is linked model. My rooms are in a linked model probably that is why this filter is not working. Please suggest a work around if possible.

Yes sovitek the field input is from “ScheduleViews.Field”. It’s a project parameter.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Jacob.
You were absolutely right. Actually both of you got the issue right. I made a stupid mistake in-spite of knowing the issue. I have updated the script and now it’s working fine .

First one is my Old Script and second one is my updated script.

2 Likes