Scaling to Wall Middle-Line

Hi,

Pardon me, i’m not quite sure if this is the right way to quote another related topic for this query. However, i refer to the below posting on adjusting mass geometry through scaling via Dynamo.

I’d like to check if there’s a possible way to scale the massing to a specific line (eg. middle-line of the wall/floor) instead of keying in scale factor, in cases where the % factor is unknown?

Example image below(pardon for the rough sketch), similar to scaling the orange-lined mass to the red reference line (Wall/Floor Middle-line) It should apply to all x,y and z axis, in the context of uniform scaling or even one-axis scaling if the adjacent wall/floors are of different thicknesses.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Dylan

@Ec_loh ,

from a geometrical view is this the point to start.

1 Like

Hi @Draxl_Andreas,

Appreciate the sample script that you drafted :smiley:

However, is there a way to project the inner line to the outer line without inputting offset values? Like is there a command to align the lines or detect that outer line and map it over? I’d think it might save abit of workflow process in between, if there’s a node that provides this intuitive tweak.

Thank you.

@Ec_loh ,

combine it with that
grafik

1 Like

Hi @Draxl_Andreas,

Ok will try that out, thank you!

Hi @Ec_loh ,

I cant think of one single node that calculates that distance and offsets your curves with that specified distance. But Geometry.DistanceTo is a good way to start to find the distance the curve should be offset to

1 Like