Save Detail element / Group as a Revit Family

Hello everyone,
I am quite new in Dynamo… I have a Revit project contains hundreds of Detail groups. First I want to save them as a detail family then replace them in the project… Is there anyone can help with any of those steps?
thanks alot

1 Like

If you figure this out please let me know. I am trying to do something similar, I want to group components within a room and then use dynamo to export them and create a generic model family that has all the elements (components) nested within it.

I don’ think save/loud group is exposed to the API, and Revit naturally blocks the family editor from copy/paste of some objects 2d views support. Could be wrong but I doubt this is faully automatable.

Thanks for the feedback, Is this even possible outside of Dynamo? I know you can insert families into a generic family, but can you extract multiple components/families from a model as another family? I’m currently trying to create room templates for a variety of room types and have a sample project which is completed. Rather than create the families from scratch I’m wondering they can be extracted. That will at least get me halfway there.