Sastrugi Package - Updated

I am really happy to announce a new release of the Sastrugi package v 0.1.5 :grinning:
(Its been a long time coming, and will be the last for Dynamo 1.3)

I only now realise my v 0.1.4 release wasn’t posted here, check out the website for details:
Link for v 0.1.4

Included in this release is the first part of a collection of Pointcloud focused nodes.
This new section of the package allows interaction with graphics overrides, scan/region visibility, locations/transforms and point extraction. I have renamed my original node for selecting Pointcloud points, as well as including one that collects a sample number of points from the entire Pointcloud instance.

Also included is a node that uses basic Python RANSAC :sunglasses: (Wiki-description) to detect planes and point-sets within Pointclouds. (This one did my head in a bit! :thinking:) This can be used to extract features within a cloud for creating geometry, such as floors, walls, ducts, columns and beams.

Node list

:snowflake:_Pointcloud Get Scans and Regions
:snowflake:_Pointcloud Get Transform and Scale
:snowflake:_Pointcloud RANSAC Plane Detection
:snowflake:_Pointcloud Select Points in View
:snowflake:_Pointcloud Sample Pointcloud

:snowflake:_Pointcloud Get Graphics Override Settings
:snowflake:_Pointcloud Graphics Override Settings By Elevation
:snowflake:_Pointcloud Graphics Override Settings By Fixed Color
:snowflake:_Pointcloud Graphics Override Settings By Intensity
:snowflake:_Pointcloud Graphics Override Settings By Normals
:snowflake:_Pointcloud Graphics Override Settings No-Override
:snowflake:_Pointcloud Graphics Override Settings Visibilty Hide
:snowflake:_Pointcloud Graphics Override Settings Visibility Show
:snowflake:_Pointcloud Reset Graphics Override
:snowflake:_Pointcloud Set Graphics Override
:snowflake:_Pointcloud Set Graphics Override for Scans
:snowflake:_Pointcloud Set Graphics Override for Regions

New examples for use of these nodes can be found below and on my website here: https://sites.google.com/view/sastrugi/examples

:snowflake:_Pointcloud Set Graphics Override for Scans - Visualizing Scan Locations

:snowflake:_Pointcloud RANSAC Plane Detection - Extracting Wall and Floor Points

I am looking forward to my first release for Dynamo 2.0 :slight_smile:

17 Likes