Sampleline

Hello,
Is it possible to create Sampleline By Polyline?
The same processing as the Civil3D command “AddByPolyline” is desirable.

Hi,
there is a SampleLine.ByPoints node in the Camber package, try that one with the pline vertices.

Thanks,
But SampleLine.ByPoints node does not satisfy the following conditions.

The cross-sampling line does not have to be perpendicular to the alignment, nor does it have to intersect the alignment.

Please read “Adding a Sample Line from a Polyline” on the following site.
This command can create a sample line even if the alignment and polyline are separated.
Camber’s “Sampleline.ByPoints” node cannot do that.

YES
WITH COM CIVIL API

that’s right.
But I can’t write Python.
Can you help me?

Can you attach any example drawing

Are you sure? Or am I misunderstanding something here?
acad_Pgwb0vpXUv

1 Like

Unable to provide drawings for business purposes.
The image of the drawing looks like this.
There are multiple polylines on the TIN surface.
However, on the premise that no alignment will be drawn at this point, we want to use this polyline as Sampleline, so we need to create a dummy alignment with Dynamo.
→AlignmentExtentions.CreateAlignmentPlaceholder

Thanks,
But Alignments created with AlignmentExtentions.CreateAlignmentPlaceholder will not work.
It is assumed that there is no alignment on the drawing.

TEST BY LISP

Q

What is the purpose of doing that?
Is it in order to get heights above the POLYLINE ONLY

Okay, I’m not sure I can follow, but AFAIK you can’t create sample line without alignment geometry, not even from plines. So, from the information you shared I would create an alignment using the plines’ start/mid/endpoint as PIs and then create the sample lines from the pline vertices on that alignment.

Because in the end I want the polyline to be a Sampleline and from that Sampleline I want to create a SectionView.
During the river planning phase, without creating an alignment, my mate is creating a SectionView.

Are you sure it is a section view not a quick profile?

1 Like

Yes, SectionView.

Thank you,
I try that as a last resort.

Okay, then please ask your mate how it is done without an alignment, please share and maybe we can help. I’m convinced it is not possible with plain C3D to create SectionViews without Alignments as they are in hierarchical connection. Maybe with a 3rd party plugin.

1 Like

After confirming,
It seems that a dummy Alignment was created along the polyline that I wanted to use as the Sampleline.
However, since the task of creating Alignment is troublesome, the design team asked if there was a way to create SectionView without creating Alignment, which led to this post.

As you suggested, Sampleline and SectionView cannot be created without Alignment, so I will try with kovacsv’s post (URL below).
Thank you.

1 Like