Run a script in multiple families with out open it

Hi everyone, glad to write my first post.

I have some scripts for parameter management in families, I want to run them with out open each family cause it’s very time consuming, is it posible to run a script in families with out open them?

In this case I have a script for set some formulas to parameters, and my actual workflow is to open each family, run the script, close the family, and so on for many files :frowning: .

Thanks a lot in advance!, greetings from Mexico!

Set Formula in Family.dyn (22 KB)
SetParamFormula.dyf (7.6 KB)
Set Formulas From Excel Test.xlsx (27.1 KB)
Family1.rfa (680 KB)

Hi, @ggranadosNFAMX
Nodes from Orchid package are very useful for porpose you are searching for. Please try them. You can also visit page on GitHub.

Hi @ggranadosNFAMX and welcome!

You can use the Orchid nodes as @denisyukj said.
The Crumple packages have alot nodes for familydocs too :slight_smile:

Check this video: Add parameters to Revit families using Dynamo (and Crumple)! - YouTube

Good luck!

Hey guys thanks for your answers, I’m tryng to do the trick with the orchid nodes as you mention, but I’m getting this kind of error

Orchid nodes only play nicely with other orchid nodes. Try using the open node from orchid instead of mine from crumple.

Hello @ggranadosNFAMX another option could be Birdtool I normally use that way instead of backgroud open with nodes, and in 2022 and 2023 we have great nodes for family document OOTB…BVN revit exporter is a way as well where you have option to set it up on windows taskscheduler and could work without open revit at all…thats why i think BVN tool is a little bit slower than Birftool but both great tool and free :wink:

1 Like

DiRoots ParaManager plug in does it, with the Export-Import excel function you can read and write parameters and formulas xD

If not, surely with the AddConvert.png found in the orchid Samples you can find a workaround for setting the formulas from Dynamo