Rotate generic family with dynamo

<pre style="color: #000000;">def toRvtId(_id): if isinstance(_id, int) or isinstance(_id, str): id = ElementId(int(_id)) return id elif isinstance(_id, ElementId): return _id

Hello Konrad,

I have started learning Dynamo today. and I have couple of questions.

1. Why when I open the example files attached to download file in a standalone version it works well, however when I open the same file in Dynamo extended into Revit, all the nodes have the null output?

2. I f I am going to model a freeform surface ( Facade) in Dynamo standalone, How all pieces will be convertable in to the Revit? ( I meant for designing a non-standard form out of definitions of roof, ceiling, wall, and so on) how the model can interact with revit?

your response is so appreciated.

Fer

Fereshteh,

1. I have no idea. I never work with the stand alone version. Please direct this question as well as example files/images etc. to the Dynamo Development team. They will be much better suited to answer this question.

2. Well, there are some custom tools available to generate Walls or Adaptive Components. It’s not going to be easy, or straight forward, but its not impossible. Give it a try and post questions as you go and I am sure that community here will be more than happy to assist you.

Good luck!

Hello All,

I am trying to use Konrad’s method but having some difficulties.

1- Does this method work with non planner curves, when I try to retrieve the curve tangent at intervals i get the first vector correct but the rest of the readings with the same value which I believe is wrong and impossible.

2- It seems I am missing something cause I cant find the “Transform Basis X & Y” nodes, also I don’t understand the relation between alpha and beta angles.

Sorry if my questions seems silly but I’m a newbie. Thanks in advance.

Mohamed,

Sorry to disappoint you my friend but this post was originally made on <span style=“color: #7f8c8d;”>April 7, 2014, <span style=“color: rgb(0, 0, 0);”>and Dynamo has simply moved on since then. This entire definition is outdated, most of the nodes used are no longer part of the package or were never brought along for the ride. This is just part of the inconvenient truth that Dynamo has completely restructured since version 6.3 and there are quite few things that simply won’t work in newer versions. </span></span>

Good day Konrad,

I am using your method. And I have a question. Could you help me with it?

I want to add attribute Rotate (around Z axis) in family… Is it possible to add property “rotation” into family and if I will change numbers of degrees it will be rotated without Dynamo.

hi

i can’t work this example at all , after installing archi lab . a lot of the nodes are missing or maybe renamed in the new version , the first image is my current file abd below i

highlighted the missing nodes from original projectCapture (1)

konrad i also tried to use the family rotation in a much simpler arrangement with 2 diagrams each representing a rotation in certain direction

but all i get is revit can’t rotate in this position