Rooms in floors - is it possible?

Hi,
want to modify one of the scripts, I planned to insert rooms between free spaces in the floor as in the screenshot. The program shows that the room is not closed. Is there any possibility to do something like this?

this is related to the topic:

I would like to insert a room in this place, limited by floor elements to finish the vertical elements with waterproofing.

I’m guessing the Revit API won’t allow it. Maybe some of you have encountered something like this or maybe you have an idea how to create a wall automatically on the vertical part of the floor.

Finishing walls is very time-consuming and annoying, so it would be nice to do it automatically

I believe that rooms are hosted at a level. Do you have a level for that volume of space?

Yup i have:

I`m working on 0,00.
This is a component:

hi @krzysztof.nowakFWCRN do they have roombounding

not sure probably i misunderstand isnt it walls you select ? or is that build up as floors ?

Yeah, its component made by floors. So i think it should be walls around the room to get a room :confused:

two different extrusion.

1 Like

arha now i understand ;), then i think you should try play around with some seperationlines…

is it model in space ? if so it could probably work if you change categori to walls…havent tried

Might be wrong as it’s been awhile, but I don’t think floors can define a horizontal room separation, only vertical.

1 Like

I changed component type to walls, i`ll try it with script:

BRB

1 Like

When I changed the component type from floor to wall then I can place the room and use the script. The problem arises when the continuous footing in my model is an ordinary floor with a certain thickness. We have to deal with this manually.

Thanks for the idea of ​​changing the component type

1 Like