Room Occupancy Area not updating

I created, re-created a definition based on Konrad Sobon’s occupancy post. My Area is not updating when I change room sizes in the revit model. I have to disconnect a node, run, reconnect and run for it to update. Is there a way to get it to update automatically. See image of definition and video re question: http://youtu.be/lgmzXHbGfAk

Thanks in advance for any help,

MarlaRoom Occupancy By Level

Marla,

I am glad that you found my video helpful.

The answer to your question is no. Dynamo at the moment doesn’t monitor changes that might have occurred in Revit DB during its execution. The method that you mention is the only reliable way that unfortunately I have came to relay on as well.

Konrad,

Thank you for your answer. I do have another question for you. I have just uploaded the beta version of Dynamo 8 and your Get Room by Level node is now returning null. I’m assuming this has to do with something incompatible in the node with the beta build…? The same thing is happening with Nate Miller’s Room Collector node.

I was able to rebuild most of the definition with the new nodes but would like to get rid of the unplaced rooms.D8 Room Occupancy

Thanks,

Marla

Marla,

Yes, I have been experiencing the same issues with the latest Dynamo 0.8.X. As of now, I have no idea what the issue is. There is no documentation on changes to the latest build of Dynamo, and how those might have affected Python nodes. I will try and find out, but honestly there is no telling if its a simple fix, or some major update and how long that might take. For now, I would back out to version 0.7.X and give the community a little bit of time figuring out the latest release and appropriate workarounds before jumping in. :slight_smile:

Thanks!