Room Numbering with Overlapping Bounding Boxes

Hi All,

I’m having some issues with overlapping room bounding boxes when renumbering a room.

The extents of a corridor bounding box (A1 below) engulf adjacent rooms that are numbered with a different prefix, causing wrong numbering in A1 and a jump from B2 to B4 which is incorrect.

Is there a way to use the exact geometry of a room for numbering sequence?

Thanks!

Try using Element.Solids on the rooms to extract their volumes, then use Geometry.DoesIntersect or BimorphNodes package Element.IntersectsSolid if you are working on a large project. You shouldn’t need to change the Area Computation rules in Revit either, but if you have unusual levels/mezzanines etc, then it might be worth switching on and taking the performance hit.

Thanks @Thomas_Mahon, but the model is quite large (approaching 200 rooms) and I’m getting a lot of fatal errors and issues when going this route.

Any other suggestions?

Without more detail as to what you’ve done to identify what might be causing the problem, there is nothing I can suggest other than second-guess. The first thing to do is run your graph using a small selection of rooms and try to identify where the problem is coming from.