Road Tunnel formed by Quoins

Goodmorning everyone,
these days I tried to put rebar on a tunnel cap. I had a lot of problems during the insertion because its geometry varies both in height and in plan. So I thought of inserting the rebar by dividing the tunnel into blocks. To do this I would like to find a method that allows me to indicate the path by creating several segments. What do you suggest me to do?
To better understand what I mean, I attach a link.

Thanks for your support!

Hi,

here’s something which should give you a start. :slight_smile:

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/adaptive-components-in-a-row-along-a-path/28747

1 Like

Thank you. What features must the family have to be loaded into “adaptivecomponent.bypoints”?

Well there needs to be min. 1 Adaptive point in the family to place it through that node.
But for example for your tunnel blocks you would need two adaptive points inside the family.
And in dynamo you need lists which contain 2 points and feed that node with it.
(Notice that end point block 1 needs to be start point of block 2)

Screenshot of one of my family:

I tried the method you suggested but I get the error message of the image attached.

Cattura

can you upload / show your script?
Thats not enough to say whats wrong

Still not enough. Can you show me the outcome from the node “List.Join” and “List.Transpose”?

Try it that way.
It also seems that maybe your curve is too short so that the points at segment length cant be created.

Now it works but I would like the family to follow a profile imported from road design software. The profile varies in the X, Y, Z coordinates. For this reason I would have preferred the select model element.

You can also use “select model element(s)” node. Try using @L2 at “Curve.PointatSegmentLength” and it should be working.
If not, show me the outcome in Revit and Dynamo.
I just showed you a Dynamo created line in my script because i have only Dynamo Sandbox. So cant select a Revit Curve.

Perfect. It works but I can’t insert more families even though I inserted the second piece.

Furthermore, compared to the YouTube video, the family is named in the same way. In the video, each piece is numbered.

Ok I solved the problem but now I would like to solve this other problem.

Any suggestions?