Inquiry in creating Tunnel in Dynamo

Hi Guys. I am actually new to dynamo and with the help of these forum and other references I was able to create a Tunnel path. My question is… Kindly refer with the attached file. Snapshot “A” shows a smooth path for the Tunnel (family was modeled as Profile). Snapshot “B” shows Same Tunnel ( Family was modeled as a Generic Adaptive). but with Issues ( See Snapshot “B.1”) family is clashing with each other.

With the above statement is there a way that we can solve the issue of Snap shot B & B.1 using the same family and be able to have the same result as Snapshot “A”?

Thanks

Test.dyn (312.9 KB)
Tunnel Study A.rfa (3.3 MB)

Hi,

I had the same issue with my tunnel blocks. Solved that through a void inside the family which is placed on a point. The point is managed through a rotation parameter.
Through Dynamo (Vector Calculation) I gave every placed adaptive component the calculated angle.
But in your case it looks more like TBM Segments right? The Segments should be rotated and through that there is no clashing in a curve.

2 Likes

yes its a TBM Segments. so it has to rotate at a given location. kindly elaborate on the “void inside the family which is placed on a point”. the point is managed through a rotation parameter."

thanks

1 Like

You would not need to have the void etc. Dont know how excact your model must be, but If it should be the exact rings you should know the exact geometry of every segment. Make the ring out of 5 segments and control the rotation of the rings through Dynamo.

Cant show you that right now as Im not in the office right now, but if you want to know about the void its pretty simple basically.
You have 2 adaptive points, on every point is your tunnel profile. Then you create another point on both adaptive points and create a paramater for the rotation. The point rotation you give this parameter and create a void on the plane of this point.
And this parameter you can control through Dynamo.
See also the topic Marcel posted. He helped me a lot with that.

1 Like