Rhythm - Workset.Create

Hi John,

I was trying to create workset using your “Workset.Create” node by some reason its giving me null. Below is the Screenshot.

Workset

Try running manual and exiting the workset window in revit

2015-08-07_14h54_29

Thanks John,

For replying. I tried to Run Manual still i get null values. I am using Revit 2015. I am trying to update to R2 and see the difference.

Yes R2 is required. Autodesk added this functionality at that release.

:slight_smile:

John, I’m trying to set the workset of wall elements. I can’t seem to get it to work, any ideas? I’m using rhythm “element set parameterByName(CaSe iNsensitive)” and getting null

Workset Change not working

You need to send it a workset id (integer)

2015-08-10_16h12_50

Thanks for the response. It seems to work but it only moves one element to the correct workset. Any ideas? I’m testing it on walls. Workset Change not working2

On the setparameter node set the lacing to longest (right click on node toggle to longest) and it will do it for all elements selected.

Thanks, that was what I was missing. Thanks for your help. Such a great tool but I’m still learning.

No problem. That’s why we’re all here!

:slight_smile: as long as you’re having fun!

I can’t stop, I should be doing other work…

John - I’m having issues with the workset.create node.

I’m running Revit 2016 R2 - is it compatible with this version?

Revit 2015 R2? It should work on everything after that.

@john_pierson is this package still working for Revit 2019.2 Dyanamo 1.3.4

Rhythm is still compatible with 1.3.4. However, workset.Create was retired some
Time ago as part of the effort to move to ZeroTouch. Archilab has a replacement you should use.

Oke, good to know. replaced it bij the Archilab node working :smile:
What do you mean whit ZeroTouch?

Seems to be working now only dont get a finger on this part :confounded:

Thx

A manner to code Dynamo nodes in C#. :slight_smile:
Info about ZeroTouch

To summarize why I made this move: (from my Github readme)

With Dynamo 2.0 comes a fundamental file format change that makes anything that is a DYF or DYN (the filetypes that Dynamo uses) not backward compatible. This forced me to choose between two options. Option 1: Have 2 versions of Rhythm for each major version of Dynamo, eg. “Rhythm for Dynamo 1.x” and “Rhythm for Dynamo 2.x”. Option2: Continue my long term goals of migrating Rhythm to be fully “Zero Touch” c# code. I went with option 2 as it provides a more stable product and further compatibility.

1 Like