Revit Mass created from Autocad site survey points

Very new to Dynamo and NOT a programmer type, but this seems like a good topic since I think there’s a lot of people that might run into it. Our Civil consultant (using civil 3d) sent us a Revit model that included a Mass element that was created from a Cad file. If you go to edit the mass (you get a warning that says the Mass only contains a mesh which can’t be used to compute Mass floors, or surfaces. When you select the mesh while editing the mass it’s simply a Imported Cad Symbol. So I’m not really sure what I should be selecting in order to find points. I was hoping there was a workflow via Dynamo that would allow me to convert this object into something useful. Thoughts? Thanks in Advance.

Hi David,

Use “Element.Location” from clockwork package along with “select model element” to get points.

Hi David,

Did you try extracting the geometry of the family? What do you get?

This is from a quick “mesh” type mass family.

Dimitar: I tried your solution and it works, but I only get an image of the imported object in Dynamo. Can I convert those surfaces into a Revit family (mass or not)?

Can you possibly provide an image of the imported Autocad file? What are you planning to do with the geomtry in Revit?

Here’s what I get.

When I run it I get an error at the surface node

“Warning: Internal error, please report: Dereferencing a non-pointer. (3f47aacd)”

I want to be able to use this to create my topo and then modify the existing conditions.